PARCC testing is here!
Testing will begin next week, March 9, 2015. Grades 3,4 and 5 will be taking the test by paper and pencil. Grades 6,7 and 8 will be using the computers with their own earphones.
- Show up on time. Get the test off to the best possible start by getting there on time. Arriving late might make you feel rushed and nervous, and arriving too early could give you time to sit there and worry about things.
- Stay focused and relaxed. Keep your mind on the test.
- Motivate yourself. I'm going to do well on this test because I'm prepared."
- Read the directions. Take a minute to read the test instructions, This will keep you from making simple mistakes and guarantee that you won't have to waste time going back and redoing any work because you didn't understand the directions.
- Pace yourself. Your test will probably be timed. Know ahead of time how many questions there are and how quickly you will have to move through each one. Don't focus on the clock as time ticks away.
- Don't rush. Try to keep a good pace-but never rush through a question. Make sure you understand what is being asked, then make sure you think clearly about your answer. If the question is multiple-choice, read every single possible answer before you decide which one is the best.
- Focus on the stuff you know. What happens if you come across a question that absolutely stumps you or seems impossible to answer? Skip a question like this and move on to the next one. After all, you don't want to spend ten minutes on a super-hard question, Pass on the questions and come back if you have time.
- Use all your time. If you happen to finish the test before time is up, don't sit there staring into space. Go back over the questions, especially the ones that seemed hard, and check your work
Please follow your child's classroom page for all homework important information.